Our practice is committed to providing you and your family with safe, gentle, high-quality dental care. We understand that you, or your child, may feel anxious about visiting the dentist. We are sensitive to your needs and it is our goal to make you feel comfortable visiting our practice while providing the best care possible.
Your first visit is all about you — your comfort, your happiness and your health.
During your first visit we will:
- Review your dental and medical history forms
- Take X-rays of your teeth and mouth (if necessary)
- Clean and polish your teeth, checking your teeth and gums for any cavities or early signs of tooth decay or gingivitis
- Your doctor will meet with you to discuss your X-rays, help you create your own individual treatment plan, and answer any questions that you may have.
Bring your smile, but also remember to bring these forms with you to your first appointment:
- Health History and Patient Information
- Acknowledgement of Privacy Practices
- General Office Information
- Records Release: please complete and send to your former dentist
The following medical conditions require preventive antibiotic medication to be taken one (1) hour prior to dental appointments: artificial joints or heart valves, a history of infective endocarditis, certain serious congenital heart conditions, or cardiac transplants with problematic heart valves. If you do not have a prescription, please contact your doctor. If your physician states you do not need preventive antibiotic coverage, please bring a written statement from your physician.
The American Dental Association recommends visiting your dentist every six months for regular checkups and routine teeth cleanings to keep your teeth and gums healthy.